English Daycare Sunshine Oy
- Name of Organization: English Daycare Sunshine Oy
- Country: Finland
- email: email@example.com
- Name: Mrs. Jenni
- Surname: Lenihan
- Position: Manager
- Full Address: Pirkankatu 9, 33230 Tampere, Finland
- Phone: +358 400 702890
- Web page: http://www.englishdaycaresunshine.fi
- Short profile: English Daycare Sunshine provides daycare and preschool services for children 3 to 6 years old. We cater to Finnish as well as international families. Our goal is to offer a well rounded care that meets the needs of each and every child and develop close cooperation with their parents.
The daycare was founded by Marita “Tiuti” Stenbäck on 16th of August 1999 and the preschool opened its doors on 14th of August 2001. In the spring of 2014 Tiuti retired and Jenni Lenihan (B.Ed, Kindergarten teacher) took over the running of the daycare.
The daycare is located in the Pyynikki area of Tampere, in the neighbourhood of FISTA, Finnish International School of Tampere.
To foster the most fruitful and creative environment for the children, we work in four groups:
• Mice (3 year olds)
• Rabbits (4 year olds)
• Foxes (5 year olds)
• Bears (6 year olds-Preschool group)
We offer 25 full-day spots for 3- and 4-year-olds. Additionally we some spots for children who only need part-time care. For 5- and 6-yeard-olds there are 26 spots available.
- Number of students for internship in 2014: 1
- Preferred starting date: February, 2015
- Duties, responsibilities and tasks of intern/-s: Will be design according to the profile of the intern and the needs of the organisation.
- Minimum study level: Last year of Bachelor degree / Master studies
- Study Areas/Specialization: Early education (pre-school, primary school), English language teachers and similar.
- Desired Qualifications and Skills (Desired profile): Doing degree in early education (preferable, but not limited to). Enthusiastic, joyful, loves working with children, creative, have ability to work in a team and individually, communication skills and similar.
- Duration of the Internship: 3-4 months (full-time)
- Working Language of Receiving Organisation:: English
- Additional Language Requirements (if applicable): Ability to speak other languages is a plus.
- The number of pre-selected candidate CVs: 2-3
- Required documents: Motivation letter
- Comments: We do receive students from all over Europe.