Internship Position in Educational Management
The Institute for Housing and Urban Development Studies (IHS) is the center of urban expertise of Erasmus University Rotterdam. Looking at cities from different perspectives, we educate urban professionals from diverse backgrounds, consult national and local governments from the Global South and engage in cutting-edge urban research.
Bringing practical experience from real-life projects back to the classroom, we inspire collaboration and co-creation of urban knowledge. Together with our partners, we work at the forefront of urban development to improve the wellbeing of people living in cities across the globe.
The successful candidate will be part of our Educational Management Office, supporting us with administering the master program, other short courses and related tasks.
- Arrange course administration and logistics
- Serve as (first) contact person for participants
- Prepare, distribute and process evaluations
- Process alumni request regarding earlier obtained degrees
- The candidate should be a student at a Dutch or foreign university (with a Residence Permit for the Netherlands) in a graduate/undergraduate (Master/Bachelor) study programme that requires a work placement/ internship at an international organisation like IHS
- Creative and pro-active attitude in team work, but also able to work independently
- Able to work on several things at the same time and with deadlines
- International (work) experience in a multicultural environment is an asset
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Very strong organizational skills
- Excellent computer skills, such as a good use of Microsoft Office applications (excel)
- Students must have successfully completed at least 2 years of an undergraduate degree in Social sciences, Communication, Marketing, Education or any other. Related work experience in those fields is an asset
- Strong affinity with people from different cultures and able to work well even under stress
- Knowledge, experience and interest in international student administration is an asset
- Capable of thinking out of the box
- Attitude: team player, multi-tasking, flexible, customer oriented, accurate, open minded
Terms & Conditions
- IHS will establish an internship agreement which states the terms and conditions of the internship. This document needs to be signed by IHS, a representative of the University the Intern and the intern himself/herself. Candidates that cannot provide university approval for respective agreement cannot be accepted.
- The candidate must be in possession of a Dutch residence permit valid for the total period of the internship or be an EU citizen. Candidates without a permit cannot be accepted.
- The intern position is available in Rotterdam, the Netherlands for a period up to six months (preferred duration) and needs a presence of 40 hrs per week, working regular office hours.
- The starting date for this internship is to be discussed and depends on the available starting date of the candidate and the availability of the internship at that particular time.
- We offer a cost compensation of 300 euros gross per month for undergraduate students and 500 euros gross per month for master students.
Please consider our website (www.ihs.nl) or more detailed information on content and activities.
Supervision will be done within the department.
Training is included in the package.
How to Apply
By email to Mr. René van der Zwet, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include ‘Internship position Educational Management Office’ in the subject line and send us:
– A letter of motivation
– A detailed CV
– Documents illustrating previous experience (if applicable)
– A copy of your passport
– For non-EU candidates: a copy of the back and front side of your residence permit for the Netherlands
– Availability date