Internship Position in Urban Land Governance Specialization
The Institute for Housing and Urban Development Studies (IHS) is a center of urban expertise of Erasmus University Rotterdam. Looking at cities from different perspectives, we educate urban professionals from diverse backgrounds, consult national and local governments from the Global South and engage in cutting-edge urban research.
Bringing practical experience from real-life projects back to the classroom, we inspire collaboration and co-creation of urban knowledge. Together with our partners, we work at the forefront of urban development to improve the wellbeing of people living in cities across the globe.
The successful candidate will be part of our Urban Land Governance team, supporting us in running the one year MSc programme in “Urban Management and Development”.
- Prepare the programme handbook and manuals for courses/workshops under the supervision of course coordinator (administration and communication support for various courses, workshops and academic games)
- Support the general course implementation (management of the online learning environment, arrange and accompany students on excursions in and/or outside of the Netherlands, contact guest lecturers in accordance to course programs)
- Support students in exercises and workshop
- Conduct literature review
- The candidate should be a student at a Dutch or foreign university (with a Residence Permit for the Netherlands) in a graduate/undergraduate (Master/Bachelor) study programme that requires a work placement/ internship at an international organisation like IHS
- Creative and pro-active attitude in team work, but also able to work independently
- Able to work on several things at the same time and with deadlines
- International (work) experience in a multicultural environment is an asset
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Very strong organizational skills
- Excellent computer skills, such as a good use of Microsoft Office applications
- Students must have successfully completed at least 3 years of an undergraduate degree in one of the following disciplines: Land Governance, Economics, Urban Planning, Urban Management, Political Science, Urbanism, Architecture, Environmental Management, Business Administration, Public Administration. Any related work experience in those fields is an asset
- Strong affinity with urban management and development internationally, Land governance and related issues
- Knowledge, experience and interest in one of the following topic is an asset: Urban Management and Development and Urban Land Governance
- Experience with e-learning is preferred
Terms & Conditions
- IHS will establish an internship agreement which states the terms and conditions of the internship. This document needs to be signed by IHS, a representative of the university of the intern and the intern himself/herself. Candidates that cannot provide university approval for respective agreement cannot be accepted.
- The candidate must be in possession of a Dutch residence permit valid for the total period of the internship or be an EU citizen. Candidates without a permit cannot be accepted.
- The intern position is available in Rotterdam, the Netherlands for a period of at least five and preferably twelve months and needs a presence of 40 hrs per week, working regular office hours.
- We offer a cost compensation of 300 euros gross per month for undergraduate students and 500 euros gross per month for master students.
- The starting date for this internship is to be discussed and depends on the available starting date of the candidate and the availability of the internship at that particular time.
Please consider the specialization page for more detailed information on content and activities.
Supervision will be done within the department.
Training is included in the package.
How to Apply
By email to Ms. Oreoluwa Fika: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include “Urban Land Governance Specialization” in the subject line and send us:
– A letter of motivation
– A detailed CV
– Copy of your passport
– For non-EU candidates: a copy of the back and front side of your residence permit for the Netherlands
– Availability date