Trainee – Web based Document Management System for Airspace Simulations in France
Brétigny (France) – Network Manager Directorate/Network Operations Management/Operations Planning/Airspace Simulation
This is an opportunity to support developing a practical web based document management system in a technical and international multi-site work environment
Main responsibilities :
Understand the airspace (real-time) simulation process
Acquire understanding of basic document management rules and best practices
Make inventory of existing and required documentation
Develop users requirements (version control, multiple users access, web based, …)
Familiarise with and analyse Agency available tools (e.g. Sharepoint, IBM CM synergy, …) or identify alternatives (open-source, free or already available software solution)
Define a document management process in line with existing ISO/quality procedures
Customise the selected document management software package
Develop users’ guide and provide basic training for the users
Apply the process and use the tool in a practical case – simulation project
The assignment will be treated like a project: with project management plan, reporting, etc…
You will learn:
How to prepare a project management plan, report on progress, manage risks, etc…
How air traffic management real-time simulations are organised and conducted
How to elicit, collect and document users’ requirements
What it entails to work in an ATM research centre, in an international and multi-cultural environment
how to develop presentation skills
how to apply your skills in a professional environment
Applicants must be enrolled in the final academic year of a university degree programme (Master degree or higher) or have graduated with a university degree and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period of graduation.
Fields of studies : Scientific, engineering field or document management.
IT skills :
Good IT skills and knowledge of web based document management tools.
English and French are the working languages of EUROCONTROL. For this traineeship, fluency in oral and written English is required and a good knowledge of French. The knowledge of an additional language would be an asset.
– Customer Focus: Takes personal accountability for delivering a good service to customers by adhering to the established service standards. Interacts with a variety of customers to identify their needs and expectations. Meets client needs in a respectful, helpful and timely manner. Addresses complaints and conflict in a professional manner and refers complex questions to higher levels.
– Quality Focus: Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of standards and procedures in own area of work. Works to the agreed standards. Strives for quality, accuracy, completeness and timeliness in work activities. Participates in identifying possible improvements to enhance the quality of work. Uses established systems (i.e. software) to organise and efficiently keep track of information, time and resources.
– Result Focus: Ensures that they have an understanding of work expectations. Plans, priorities and balances work to meet commitments, goals and deadlines. Assumes ownership of the work and stays focused despite obstacles and disruptions.
– Communication: Expresses facts and personal opinions in writing and orally in a clear and concise way Listens effectively; Checks own understanding of information by asking clarifying questions.
– Team Work: Works with others to accomplish team goals and tasks. Follows through on commitments made. Shares information and listens the views of others. Contributes to the good atmosphere in the group.
Desired duration : 6 months
Candidates should apply on-line by attaching a curriculum vitae, preferably the Europass CV, and a covering letter in pdf format of 500 KB maximum.
Applications will be accepted from nationals of ECAC Member States only.
This opportunity falls under the Traineeship Programme Regulations : http://www.eurocontrol.int/sites/default/files/content/documents/official-documents/jobs/trainee-rules-2016-en.pdf
A flat-rate allowance of €900 per month as a contribution towards living expenses will be granted.
Reimbursement of travel expenses to take up appointment and leave may be covered by means of a lump sum.
Please contact: email@example.com